Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Oy Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!



After much hullabaloo, the "Bronze Fonze" was unveiled today. I will admit that I don't understand what the hype is all about. I thought the idea was cornball from the beginning, but not worth getting upset about.

Then when I saw the pictures tonight, both the one from JSOnline and from Elliot Stearns, I was taken aback.

I mean, with all the stinking hype, all the wall to wall coverage that each TV and radio station was shoving down our throats, instead of getting a statue that looks like Fonzie, we get a replica of Lt. Commander Data from Star Trek.

To make matters worse, it is my understanding that Chicago feels the need to keep up with Milwaukee in regards to kitsch, they are going to celebrate Good Times by unveiling a statue of Jimmy "J.J. Evans" Walker.

4 comments:

  1. This is right up there with the statue of "William Wallace" (see: Mel Gibson as WW) over in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This'll be more difficult to explain than why that native M'waukee gal working over at Schatz's has a New Yawk accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, your statue looks more like a golem than a Scottish hero.

    ReplyDelete