Tuesday, September 2, 2008

If Palin Had Said No To McCain*

Last week, my friend, Greg Kowalski, despite sage advise from yours truly, as well as others, was lamenting about not making the top twenty in the BNN Influence Index. In the comment thread, I pointed out that this index rating system is, to be kind, a bit bizarre and rather meaningless.

To make my point even stronger, this week shows that Cog Dis, with my 2.3 readers, is now ranked number 19 for the state. What I find even funnier is that this site, for the second straight week, is listed as the second most influential liberal blog, right after the might folkbum's (of which I was a regular, but now only, occasional, contributor).

In all honesty, most any of the liberal bloggers on the blogroll in the right column should be higher than moi, in my opinion. But like I said before, these indices should be taken with a grain of salt.

Or so I thought. Apparently, some really do take them a bit more seriously than I do.

Apparently disappointed about not getting the nod to be McCain's pick for Veep, John Heneghan of Georgia, has put his BNN ranking as one of his qualifications to run for public office. (Tip of the crown to David Mastio.)

Perhaps this explains why James Wigderson is so interested in his rankings. He is apparently planning on running against Owen Robinson for some office or another.

Whoever wins that runoff doesn't matter. My money is on Jay Bullock.

*Watch the comments to see if I get scolded by David again.

No comments:

Post a Comment