Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Um, Yeah. About That.

I am sure most of you have heard or seen the allegations that have been leveled against me.

I'm not going to comment about them. I'm sure you can understand why.

But I do want to say a heart-felt thank you to those that have expressed concern, consideration, and support. It does mean a lot to me.

I would also just suggest that the gentle reader might want to read the post done by my friend, Jay "folkbum" Bullock (including the comments). The Brew City Brawler also has something worth reading.

ADDENDUM: My friends and colleagues, Tom Foley and Jason Haas, have each also put up some words of thought worth the time to take a look at.

And, of course, any donations to the Capper Defense Fund are always appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. I would call this development deeply troubling, but not suprising. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for the best for you, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are not guilty there should be no need for a defense fund.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you did not EVER work on your multiple private political sites while at work or using a taxpayer owned computer, then I hope you get a public apology.

    If you did not EVER violate your government employers computer usage rules, then I hope they publish that.

    If, however, you did any of what you are accused of, I hope they fire and use whatever civil or judicial penalties apply to what they find. If you are innocent, you have my sympathy... if not, then you deserve whatever you get for violating the public trust.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If, however, you did any of what you are accused of, I hope the consequences are proportionate to the act of wrongdoing. If you spent an exorbitant amount of time blogging during work hours ... then termination may be justified. If it turns out that over a period of several months you have spent a few minutes here and there blogging ... then BIG EFFING DEAL! Taking away a man's livelihood for such a trivial infraction would be idiotic.

    Let's hope the people who decide your fate are not crucification loving sadists like the moron who posted before me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, 9:29 Anonymous, do you think that a man who is wrongly accused should pay the lawyer he has to hire to defend himself out of his own pocket, without a legal defense fund? Do you believe that CRG will pay his legal fees if their accusations are found to be frivolous? Do you believe that the county will reimburse him if it finds in the course of its investigation that he is innocent? Do you honestly believe that innocent people don't need lawyers? You are either hopelessly naive or willfully deceptive.

    ReplyDelete