Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lucky #13

I have never been so happy to be wrong about anything.

Despite my misgivings regarding Ted Thompson, Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers, they defied all the odds to win their thirteenth championship.

I guess they will have to do some work in the Packer Hall of Fame to make room for the fourth Lombardi Trophy.

And for those of us who can remember what Brett Favre did for us during his years here, don't worry, he will still get to meet President Obama, even if not wearing the green and gold with the rest of the Packers:

2 comments:

  1. When they built the Lambeau Field Atrium and the Packer Hall of Fame several years ago, they left plenty of room for more trophies. The room with the Superbowl trophies is like a cathedral -- it's huge, with the trophies holding pride of place like an altar. I'll have to visit again so I can see the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when roger staubach was carrying the trophy to the podium, and all the packers were touching it on the way, I thought I was looking at a sabbath service at my synagogue, after they took the torah out of the ark.

    ReplyDelete